Saturday, February 18, 2012

Flick

Flick's Friend is my new experiment. I don't know what it is yet. What I want from it. Or even where I want it to go.

I do know that I want it to be fun. There will be photos. There will be videos. There will be stories and thoughts of the random variety.

Flick will be here too.

Flick is the main character of a novel I just recently finished. For the first time in thousands of pages, I am finally proud of one of my creations. His tale is honest, fun and worthy of fighting to be published.

His story is one of senior citizens boozing, fighting and partying without pants. Most importantly it is about an old man who grew up to be the person he wanted to be.

Often we lament about career choices or cheer to fate's decisions. When faced with questions about old age and retirement, we recite a laundry list of activities we wish to accomplish.

Have you thought about what illnesses, conditions and impairments you wish to live with? How many pills a day would you like to swallow? Walking the mall with medi-cunts could be the highlight of your day.

As depressing as all that might seem to us young people, Flick would dismiss such thoughts. There's too much fun to be had and drinks to be enjoyed.

With the goal of an old age worth living, we'll start here. Let's enjoy this blog for what it is and what it will become.

At the very least there will be photos. And there will be videos.

No comments: